Thursday, November 19, 2009
Whew!
Thank goodness for unexpectedly nice, helpful people. So, downtown New Haven is a bear to drive in. It is even worse to try to park anywhere near your destination. Crowded, narrow streets under continual construction of some sort or another are lined with parked cars. And Geoff wanted me to come right into the heart of it all and pick up three huge bike boxes to help with the move. At 5:00 PM. Sure enough, I circled the city block once without any spots to park. The shop he was getting the boxes from is on a street where...you guessed it...they are doing contruction. Geoff tells me to just park illegally while he loads up (which really is what most people do downtown when they are stopping for a short time). But there is this big huge cop looking very official guiding traffic. I determined I would stop anyway. I mean, why not, where else am I going to go? Sure enough, here comes the copper. I'm sure he's going to tell me to move along. Instead, he asks where I'm going. I explain that I've searched for parking without avail and that my husband is coming out of the bike shop with these big boxes that we need to load up. And he let's me stay! Right there with all these cars wizzing past and the construction zone making the road a disaster anyway. For like 10 minutes (which seemed like an hour to me) because Geoff had to wait on the store personnel. And he was so nice about it and even helped us figure out how to finagle things in the car until the boxes barely squeezed in. Yeah for nice people!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah for good cops. I love your countdown. I just noticed it. So excited for you guys.
Oh I'm so glad it worked out! Thanks for yesterday!
Hi Emily!
i love New Haven cops!
Post a Comment