Tonight I am grateful for date nights.

Particularly, this last Friday we had one of the most wonderful evenings ever. We were blessed to be able to receive some tickets to the Metropolitan Opera House

in New York. The performance was three one act opera's entitled, "Il Tritaco" Sung in Italian, there are three entirely seperate one-act opera's. We saw the second and the third. The second was a tragedy set in a convent. It was soooo beautiful and touching. One of my good friends who is in our ward named Tammy Mumford sang in this opera. She has an amazing voice and did a fantastic job with the character she played. It was super fun to watch and hear her.
The third opera is a comedy and was light and fun and awesome music. The opera ended at midnight and I wished it would keep going on through the night.
As we drove towards the Met on our way into New York, we went the same way we go when we go to the temple in New York. There is a stretch along the Hudson River. The dramatic skyline of the city on the other side of the river was breathtaking that evening. I couldn't help but feel very grateful, very lucky, and very happy indeed for the opportunities that have been ours while we have lived here in the East for school. We feel very blessed.
4 comments:
What an awesome experience! Hard to believe your time is coming to a close out there!
what a great night! Enjoy it. We miss it terribly!
How great! I'm so glad you were able to go! It's something that I'd love to experience while we're here.
Yessss! I made your blog! You know the whole reason that I gave you tickets was so that you would pick me as one of the things you are grateful for this month on your blog. Glad you had a good time. It's always fun to get all dressed up for a night out.
Post a Comment