Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkins...Smashing!










Our little pumpkin had a smashing time on her first trip to the pumpkin patch. Okay, so it wasn't an actual patch, but there were lots of pumpkins, a hay maze, and the best maple kettle corn Geoff and I had ever eaten (it was still warm from the popping). We also came home with a half-gallon of apple cider that we now wish was a full gallon. Audrey was fascinated by everything and smiled and played and tried to eat everything she could get her hands on. We are becoming a little more apple swavy of late. I had no idea there were so many choices of apples! A new favorite is the Macintosh. I still love Golden Delicious and Geoff is a Gala fan. But I am wondering... what is the best kind for pie? I know there are some experienced pie-makers among you! Any suggestions?




8 comments:

Ruth said...

What great pictures, and such a fun fall activity. I like cortland for pie making.

David and Amy said...

Did you go to Bishop's Orchards? We LOVE their maple kettle corn; if you ever go to Lyman Orchards don't bother with their kettle corn, it just doesn't even compare with Bishop's!
Audrey is so cute, I love the expression on her face in the picture where she's holding the big pumpkin stem!

Emily said...

Yes, it was Bishop's.

Kristine said...

Oh my goodness she is so cute I cannot WAIT until I get to see her again........live and in person. Looks like a fun activity. We have our fall festival stuff on Thurs./Fri. I'm excited. Do you have a costume for her I forget? Thomas is going to be superman. Awesome post.

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

Audrey is adorable!!! I love the top picture of her sitting with all the pumpkins! So cute!

CeeJ said...

I've heard Red Delicious are the best apple for baking pies. (But seeing as how I've never baked a homemade pie in my life, this is just hearsay!) All my pies are pre-frozen! ;)

Dallin and Cara said...

Wow, Audrey is really growing up. She looks like she had fun! I am jealous that you all get to wear sweaters since it has been upper 90's here:) I have always used granny smith apples for my apple pies. You need some extra tartness to balance out all the sugar and spices. Good luck!

Kristine said...

I'm ready for some pictures of Audrey in her Halloween costume.