Sunday, January 20, 2013

And So This Is Christmas....



My sister Kristine (who live is Michigan right now) gave me a CD a few year's back..."Wintersong" by Sarah McLachlan.  I love it.  It's pretty and soft and wintry.  And every time I play it I think of her. :)  Which is probably why I like to play it.  I miss all my family more at Christmas.



The season started out with a bang...I threw a baby shower for a good friend.  Her good friend Melanie decorated with a sock-monkey theme and I baked Maple-Bacon Quiche, Monkey Bread, and Crepes.  It was tons of fun to gather with friends and help anticipate her coming boy.   Since it was December 5th, though, I found myself hoping the rest of the season would not feel quite so busy.  I wanted to conscientously slow down enough that the girls and teaching them of the Savior were the focus.  So what happened?  We all got terrible colds.  And slowed down considerably.  :)  It turned out to be a great season of family time.  When we were better, Geoff had time off work and we did things like go to the zoo, a train park, and I took Audrey to see the Nutcracker ballet for the first time.  We also enjoyed the nativity at our church performed by the young men and young women.  Uncle Spencer and Uncle Andrew came into town and we soooo enjoyed their company.



Isn't this Santa adorable?  He comes to our church friend's open house every year.  The kids absolutely loved him.  It's the first time Audrey was brave enough to say hello to him (age 4).  Grace is not so shy. :) Ha, ha.  I you look closely at these pictures you also find...Audrey giving her stuffed animal an airplane ride, Flatiron (a tough hike Geoff and I conquered), and Audrey's play-dough fisherman complete with boat, tree, pole, etc. 

Geoff and I commented throughout the season that one of the highlights throughout the month was hearing news from all of you and seeing how your families are growing.  We are so grateful for your friendship. 

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cami D. said...

Emily oh my gosh your girls are darling!! Geoff don't be so cute in your Christmas Jammies! Looks like you guys are doing well! Tell Geoff hi!