Seems like everything is big news these days, but this time it really is!! For those of you who are not Johnsons or Streeters, you may not be as familiar with the fact that we make our baby announcing a puzzle in our families. If you look back through the "Tour of New Haven" entry, fill in the blanks and select out the red ones, you get IARPL51, which unscrambles to be April 15!! Our due date!!
Emily had her first appointment with her new doctor, and I spent the entire next week convincing her it was alright if I came along. What an amazing experience, I mean probably more amazing for me since I was just the innocent bystander in the pepto-bismol pink room. But once we established that we really did think there was a baby in there, she pulled out the magic wand, and voila:I don't mean to get all sentimental, but seeing that little flutter of a heartbeat and hearing that by all accounts everything seems to be fine were some of the most proud moments of my life. Isn't he (that's our guess right now) amazing?!!!
We can't wait until he can hear us so we can let him know how excited we are for him to crash our party of two. In anticipation of that day we have decided to sleep in every chance we get! :)
4 comments:
Hi Emily & Geoff. We just realized that everyone in our ward has blogs, including you! They are a lot of fun. You can check us out at paulandjilltanner.blogspot.com. Also, we didnt know you were expecting. Congratulations!! That is so exciting. Hope Emily is feeling well!
Hi from Brian and Laura's West Coast Adventures. Congrats on your impending sleep deprivation experiment! We've decided to do it again because we've enjoyed it so much the first two times. Laura's due on April 9th!
Hi Geoff and Emily, we were glad to see that you're doing so well way the heck out there in Connecticut! I know Shiloh still misses you though, Geoff! I also have a blog site to keep our scattered families up to date on our parenting adventures (can you believe we have a 5 month old now?!?) You can see it at carrollfamily-kara.blogspot.com if you're interested. And we're so excited to see that you guys are expecting too, that's such wonderful news! I hope pregnancy is treating Emily well- the best thing I can say about it is that it does end eventually! :)
(As if my last comment wasn't long enough!) I love the "Countdown on Full Nights Sleep!" But I hate to tell you, I stopped sleeping through the night around 22 weeks pregnant because the baby started tap dancing in my uterus as soon as I'd lay down and then again around 2:00 every morning. Such fun! She sleeps now though!
Post a Comment