Sunday, October 30, 2011

I Feel Lucky!

No, we didn't just get back from Vegas. In fact, when it comes to winning things, I'd say I'm definately not very lucky. Although one time I did win a free McFlurry on a monopoly game card from McDonald's. But that's about the extent of my monetary winnings. I do have a friend Nicky who has an uncanny way of winning things like a $1,000 Christmas shopping sprees, etc. Lucky Nicky. :) Hi in Florida!
But today I feel very lucky indeed. We had stake conference this weekend. So we went to a two hour meeting last night and a two hour meeting this morning. And while last night's was much easier (we had a babysitter watch both kiddos last night!) all of it was amazing. The visiting general authority was Elder Gibson and he is a powerful man. He shared many stories that touched me. But there were also many other people who were just called up without any warning to share their testimonies and it was just all so great. I was trying to think if there was one story or thought I could share that would capture the meeting, but I decided it was the powerful Spirit that I felt that overall had the most impact. "Rescuing" others was the theme. I definately felt the love of my Heavenly Father and our Savior through the words of the speakers. And so today I'm grateful for all those whose examples have made such an impact on me...yes, that includes all of you! And I feel very blessed to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I feel very rich indeed.
P.S. If you are reading this and you have moved in this year, will you email me your new address? Yes!! I'm already looking forward to Christmas letters. I've refrained from popping out the CD's, but any day now...

1 comment:

Julia said...

Hi Emily,

I don't have your email. I'm sure Taylor has Geoff's, but I'll just give you our new address here. You don't have any creepy stalkers who read your blog, right? :) We love these updates!

Taylor & Julia
7007 Alberta Dr.
Crestwood, KY 40014