I'm going to catch up on some things as we recently downloaded over 800 pictures from the camera. Yeah, it had been awhile!! It was fun to see what we've been up to over the last six months. It reminded me even more how blessed we really are. So I want to do some catch up posts so that it is recorded. :)
Thanksgiving at my mom's (who lives about 10 minutes away from us) was really fun this year. It was sad to not have very many siblings home, but we did have some visitors that are not frequently there like Bryce and Amanda, Brandon very very freshly home from his mission, and the Thompsons. It was wonderful to visit with all of them. And as you can we were not dissappointed with the dinner spread and the pies! My mom read a funny story about the pilgrims that involved participation from all of the crowd that got everyone laughing. We shared what we are thankful for as usual.
I mentioned how thankful I am for family, and for the hand of the Lord in our lives last year. The year definately didn't go as expected. We felt the recession firsthand as Geoff searched for work after graduating. And searched...and searched... But I was able to work and we both are grateful for all we learned during that time. And we were definately protected and felt the blessings of the Lord frequently as the year passed. And now he has a fantastic job with a surgeon who he loves working with and I'm back to working only very part time and being home with the girls. I also mentioned at that time how grateful I was for Audrey because it helped me decide I wanted more kids knowing how much I love her. I was pregnant at Thanksgiving.
I love the holidays. Glad we are already half-way through another year!!

1 comment:
I'm so glad you updated your blog, we love reading it and miss you guys!
Post a Comment