Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's a sister!

For awhile now we've been talking to Audrey about the new baby coming to our family. Recently, for fun I will ask her, "Is the baby in mommy's tummy a boy or a girl?" She always answers, "It's a sister!" So today was the moment of truth. The baby was bashful and it felt like we might have to leave the ultrasound appointment without any more knowledge than when we went in, but finally the tech pronounced, "It's a girl!" So Audrey was right and will get her sister in approximately 21 more weeks. If she only realized how it is going to rock her little world. :) Hee-hee. We are so excited. Yeah for little girls!!

13 comments:

Elizabeth and Russ said...

Congratulations!

Kristy said...

Congratulations! I didn't realize you guys were expecting. Very exciting news-- and a sister for Audrey is great. Every girl needs a sister!

PS. I think your blog title should be "word on the street" :) I'm not sure why that was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw your header.

nicole said...

Yay, that's so exciting! Audrey will be the cutest little big sister. =)

Katie said...

Seems like baby news is coming in from all directions these days and I sure love it. Congrats to the Streeter Family! I'm so excited for you guys...and yay for girls!!!

Tiffany said...

Hooray for little girls! I am so incredibly excited for you guys. And I like that blog title idea... :)

Shorter family said...

Congratulations!! On my good days, when I think I want one more baby, I hope for a little girl so I can dressed her and Madison a like. Too Cute!!!
-miss ya

Shorter family said...

Congratulations!! On my good days, when I think I want one more baby, I hope for a little girl so I can dressed her and Madison a like. Too Cute!!!
-miss ya

Beth said...

Congratulations!

Madison Hustedt said...

Man you guys are so lucky you're going to have two! We'd just be happy with one little girl, so you guys truly are blessed. Seems like we were just as surprised as everyone else. Congrats! p.s. Emily, Sis. Bailey in church today brought up a Relief Society lesson you gave a long time ago, you probably didn't know how much it impacted her. She said it was on visiting teaching but I didn't hear much else because the kids today were loud. Anyhow, I thought you'd appreciate knowing that you really influenced her!

Nicky said...

Yay for baby girls! I'm so happy for you!!!

David and Amy said...

Congratulations!!! This is such happy news! We sure miss you guys.

Whitney said...

see what happens when you take months in between your blog posts?? people start wonderin!! congrats!!! couldn't have been a better update. so we're talkin mid february???

Lori said...

Congratulations on a new baby girl! Holly has lately been asking for "stories about Audrey and Holly," and I've had to rack my brains for every little incident I can remember. We miss you!