Breadmaster. So, her example has led to a goal I've decided to make for myself. I'm going to make 100 loaves of bread over the next year. That's an average of two loaves a week (it took me a bit to figure that one out :)
And I've started with trying to learn a type of bread that Kari Heward has perfected...the artisan bread from this book. It's sooo, sooo, yummy. And once you've learned how to make the master recipe, it really is a five minute process. Thanks, Kari!
I'm going to try different recipes, and try to perfect favorite ones. A couple of things I'm trying to accomplish through this goal is:
1. Duh, yummy bread for eating right away. :)
2. Delicious bread when you have to use food storage ingredients.
3. Soft sandwich bread so that my husband will actually use homemade stuff for his lunches (is this one out of reach?)
4. Having fun with a hobby.
8 comments:
Let me know if you have any success with #3! Good luck with your goal.
What a fun idea. Nate would love it if I picked up the challenge and made some yummy bread. I am excited to taste of the yumminess. :)
What a fun challenge. I'll have to think about that one. Let me know if you want to try some of the yummy bread recipes I've come across lately...
Go Emily! Sounds like a great goal. I love the artisan bread book. My favorite recipe in the book is the oatmeal bread. You can find the strange ingredients in the bulk section at edge of the woods for cheap. I also love the challah bread recipe in the book. Be sure to share your favorite bread recipes!
mmmm. The smell of homemade bread is one of the best in the world. Nathan got on a bread-making kick last year and he's always perusing bread websites for new tricks. (right now he's telling me that one trick for your soft loaf goal is to add a tablespoon of powdered milk or powdered buttermilk to the recipe. He swears by it for a softer loaf.) It's funny that he knows this stuff. He's got a pretty mean sourdough starter in our fridge right now. Anyway. Good luck in your endeavors!
I so wish that I could taste some of your efforts of masterfullness (word?). Guess I'm just going to have to make some myself. I'm cheering from you.
-----from Kristine Oops, I'm on Kevs laptop.
Hey Emily! I want to learn too! Do you have a specific bread day? I'd love to come over and learn sometime!
Emily! Taking up the gauntlet! You can do it! I actually thought about doing 100 loaves, but my bread skills are pathetic! Hopefully, we can sample your masterful skills when we move back next summer--I'll bring the pie, you bring the bread?
Post a Comment