Wednesday, May 27, 2009

One!!!!

So, I've really fallen behind on my bloggery lately. Excuses? Lots, probably not good enough. So I'm making up for it with a barrage of entries.

Audrey turned one April 30th. That evening we took her to our favorite little restaurant, "Panera Bread" where Audrey has as much fun eating as we do. She loves the artisan bread and the soup and bits of sandwich we send her way. That night she was the star of the place. Geoff told the employees it was her birthday and they announced it overhead. All the customers, especially those close to us were talking to her and wishing her well. My mom laughed when she was talking to me on the phone as we were driving to Panera Bread. "One year old and going out to eat on her birthday!" I guess that's what you get when your parents were single for WAY TO LONG before deciding to get married and have a family. :) Hee-hee. But honestly, the restaurant celebration was for mommy. No cooking and no dishes! A small thanks for clean diapers, night duty, etc., etc.??? Anyway. Afterwards, we went home and opened presents. Audrey loves the wooden Noah's Ark with little animals that we found at our favorite second-hand store, "Once Upon A Child". And we are so excited about the dress from the Hewards and the outfit from the Shorters! Audrey also plays with the little vacuum she got. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Johnson and Streeter for the funding!
The party for Audrey came the following Saturday. We had some friends of hers (and ours) over for food and general bedlam for an hour or so. It was a lot of fun. If you'll notice, Audrey has blue and orange all over, despite the fact that the cupcake I gave her was orange. That's because before I gave her anything, she had reached over and plopped her hand in the closest thing to her...a big blue cupcake. It was pretty funny. She loved it and ate the whole thing with fervor.

I thought I'd add a little update on what Audrey's up to at one: She's been walking without mommy and daddy's help since about 10 1/2 months. Recently, she's started picking up the pace and running is not far off, I'm afraid. She giggles about favorite things: favorite toys, books, food, sippy cup. Uh-oh is her favorite word. She will throw something down and then look up and say in her very sweet little girl voice, "Uh-oh". She recently started saying quack quack, cracker, baby (just today). She infrequently says daee and even less frequently momma. She is really fascinated with buckles and wishes she could do her own in her carseat and high-chair. She signs well the limited words we have taught her: eat, banana, bird, more, cracker, milk. The other day she signed a two-word phrase: more crackers. She loves birds and airplanes. She points to noses, eyes, ears, and mouths. At her one year check-up she was 80th percentile for height (down from 100 all along), 35th for weight (down from 50th), and still pushing 100th for head circumference (thanks Lunt side of the family!!). Best of all, Audrey gives wonderful hugs, kisses, and smiles. We are so happy to have our little one-year-old!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

She is just so, so adorable. Hard to believe she's already one! We have to find some way to see you guys again soon. Oh- and I think my kids just might have Audrey beat for the head circumference. :-)

nicole said...

Wow I can't believe she is already 1! She is such a little cutie like always and looks like she had a lot of fun with her first birthday. =)

Kristine said...

It doesn't matter where you eat sometimes as long as you get to eat in peace. It's amazing how they are already deciding where YOUR going to eat based on the menu for them.

CeeJ said...

Happy Birthday to Audrey! Man that went fast! How strange!!

She's an adorable little girl though. (and I'm glad you got a night off to celebrate her b-day!)

Very cool! :)

Kitty-Kat said...

WooHoo! Happy b-day audrey. That's super exciting. And good to know your wrapped around her pinky finger lol (can't even talk & she's choosing the restaraunt) I got a kick out of that. It was great to get an update and I love you all! Can't wait to see you!

Becka said...

Our Tuff little guy has some cathing up to do;-) She ia amazing. Can you believe they are ONE!