So, I've always thought curly hair is grand, and of course have very straight hair. So then I was left to think that it would be great to have a little girl with natural curls. And so I was thrilled when little Audrey was born with some curly locks. Then, the other day as I gave her a bath and dried her hair with the towel her hair did what it usually does... poof! (notice the above illustration). And all of a sudden I panicked for a minute. The things friends had said about the trickery of properly doing curly hair popped into my head and I thought, "I don't know how to do Audrey's hair so it looks good! I don't know curls!!!" So I'm calling on my gorgeous curly-haired girlfriends to please explain the in's and outs....you know who you are.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Help! Calling all curly-haired friends!
So, I've always thought curly hair is grand, and of course have very straight hair. So then I was left to think that it would be great to have a little girl with natural curls. And so I was thrilled when little Audrey was born with some curly locks. Then, the other day as I gave her a bath and dried her hair with the towel her hair did what it usually does... poof! (notice the above illustration). And all of a sudden I panicked for a minute. The things friends had said about the trickery of properly doing curly hair popped into my head and I thought, "I don't know how to do Audrey's hair so it looks good! I don't know curls!!!" So I'm calling on my gorgeous curly-haired girlfriends to please explain the in's and outs....you know who you are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am still trying to figure out how to handle my hair so I'm not sure I'm the one to ask that question to. With Elliana, I use a light gel just after she gets out of the bath. I just run my hands through her hair with the gel and then kind of let it air dry. I find she gets the poof if I try to towel dry it, which is also cute. :) I love Audrey's hair and you seem to always have it done so cute. I love that it is so dark. Good Luck!
Hey Geoff and Emily. Shae and Beth here. I feel a little sheepish, as I found you through Ryan's blog. Beth and I think your Audrey is a real cutie. Congrats.
Whatever, her hair is so cute. The key is to not brush through the curls. You want to keep them in tact. By the way, we started a blog, so you should check it out if you haven't already. rkglazier.blogspot.com
I(Candice, lol) have naturally curly hair, and people always say they'd love to have it, I'm like, please take it! No, it's really not that bad though, like your friend katie said, just dont brush through them. But you'll have plenty of practice, I'm still practicing on mine!
Post a Comment