Monday, November 19, 2007

"THE GAME"

Referring, of course, to the rivalry game between Yale and Harvard, officially the last game of the Ivy League season. If you do a Google search for the title of the blog, you will find a Wikipedia entry with all sorts of fun information about this rivalry, which is one of the oldest in the nation, and which is laden with all sorts of tradition. Both teams came into the game with undefeated seasons, and I am afraid that Yale is going to have to be happy with being smarter than Harvard, as they got spanked 37-6. Emily had already left town, and I was not far behind her, so I went with some PA student friends, and met up with Robbie and Katie at the game, which was a nice surprise! (Contrary to beliefs of the heavily intoxicated young men behind us, they did not bring the "baby blanket" to sneak booze into the game!) It looks like there are a lot of empty seats, but by the half the tailgate parties were giving way to the football game.

No comments: